In accordance with Trafford Local Authority, parents’ of children at St Ambrose Prep School can utilise the ‘Early Years Childcare Provision’ grant for Pre-Prep and Reception Classes and can use the full entitlement of up to 30 hours Early Education Funding for 3 to 5 year olds. The full grant of 30 hours has to be used at St Ambrose Prep for the 36 weeks the school is open (the other 2 weeks of entitlement can be used at another requested provider e.g. OK Mums). The entitlement can be used in the Pre-Prep and the Reception Classes.
The criteria for this funding is as follows:
- The Pre-Prep Class is taught by a qualified teacher
- The School has a private ‘on-site’ facilitator ‘OK Mums’ in purpose built accommodation which can be used for full ‘wrap-around’ care from 7.45am to 6.30pm
- The boys will be expected to wear School uniform in line with uniform currently worn within the school
- Admissions will be based upon the school’s current Admissions criteria
- The Pre-Prep will be located in the classroom next to the existing Reception Class
- If you live in a different Local Authority than Trafford, the funding can be transferred across
- All children are entitled to 15 hours education paid for by the Government grant through the Local Authority. The other 15 hours depend on personal criteria – for more information please visit The Gov website.
- If you fall into any of the criteria mentioned, then the 15 extra hours will be charged at a separate rate by the school
To confirm a conditional place for your son, please contact us and indicate how many hours you would ideally want your son to attend the Pre-Prep each week.